Pierce County School System promotes excellence as the standard.
Our vision is for Pierce County graduates to become creative problem solvers excelling in a competitive global environment.
Pierce County Beliefs
We believe that all students can learn; therefore:
· Trusting, caring relationships with all stakeholders are directly linked to success.
· Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs.
· A variety of instructional approaches will be provided to support their different learning styles.
· Students achieve best when they are actively engaged in their educational process and share accountability for their learning.
· Prompt and regular attendance by students and staff is essential.
· Student and staff wellness contributes to effective teaching and learning.
· Continuous and balanced assessment drives instruction and enhances student learning.
· Collaborative learning communities are critical for optimum student achievement.
· It is important to provide a safe, secure, and quality environment.
· Technology integration is essential to enhance instructional and operational processes.
· Decisions, both instructional and operational, should be driven by qualitative and quantitative data.
Pierce County School District Strategic Plan